Permaculture Plants: A Selection by Jeff Nugent
Permaculture Plants: A Selection is indispensable for growers and designers working in sub-tropical and warm temperate/arid climates, and also includes some cool-climate tolerant species. Permaculture Plants: A Selection details hundreds of common and unusual edible, medicinal and useful plants.
Permaculture Plants: A Selection is indexed extensively to facilitate cross-referencing and is divided into sections covering:
- Pioneer plants: whose main role is to act as nurse plants to other species, as well as having useful products and properties of their own;
- Nuts and Fruits: species whose main product is edible, but which usually possess other useful qualities;
- Other Utility Plants: including species which do not fit easily into the first sections, for example timber or animal fodder species;
- Utility Lists: which comprise species serving a particular function, such as fire retardant or bee forage species; and
- Water Plants and Difficult Sites: categorised according to the particular sites the plants are adapted to.
Published: 2nd edition published 2004 (first published 1994)
ISBN: ISBN: 978-1-85623-029-5
Size: 206mm x 290mm
Format: Paperback, 160pp. 45 colour photographs and b/w line drawings