People & Permaculture by Looby Macnamara
This is the first book to explore how to use permaculture design and principles for people – to restore personal, social and planetary well-being. People & Permaculture widens the definition of permaculture from being mainly about land-based systems to taking it right into the heart of our own lives, relationships and society.
This book provides a framework to help each of us improve our ability to care for ourselves, our friends, families and for the Earth. It is also a clear guide for those who may be new to permaculture, who may not even have a garden, but who wish to be involved in making changes to their lives and living more creative, low carbon lives.
People & Permaculture transforms the context of permaculture making it relevant to everyone. People & Permaculture contains:
- Part 1 – provides a detailed introduction to permaculture design and principles as applied to people.
- Part 2 – looks at the tools and techniques we can use in our own lives; how we can transform our internal landscape, enhance our well-being and be at our best.
- Part 3 – investigates ways of creating harmony in our relationships and groups, through our communication and decision making.
- Part 4 – explores a wider vision for our social systems, in particular health and education.
- Part 5 – moves on to adress how to expand our feelings of connection across the globe.
- Part 6 – focuses on how we can manifest a positive future with the use of a new design framework specifically created for people-based designs.
Including over 50 practical activities, People & Permaculture empowers readers with tried and tested tools to initiate positive change in their lives. It is a hands-on yet powerful guide to creating a sustainable world.
“Many of us have long hankered for the insights and principles of permaculture to be translated to serve all aspects of our lives. Looby Macnamara fills the bill with luminous clarity, lean eloquence and an exquisite knowledge of systems. Equally rewarding are her applications of permaculture to health, communication and the life of the mind.” Joanna Macy, Author
“Grounded, practical and brimming with joy for the good stuff. What I like most about this book, is that we are not banished from nature, but centred in it.” Alys Fowler, gardener, writer and presenter
Available on iPad, iPhone, PDF, Kindle and more for £14.95
Available formats: EPUB (iPad, Nook, Kobo, Sony reader etc), MOBIPOCKET (Amazon Kindle, Palm etc), and PDF
EPUB ISBN: 978-1-85623-089-6
MOBIPOCKET ISBN: 978-1-85623-090-2
PDF ISBN: 978-1-85623-088-9