Edible Cities, Urban Permaculture for by Gardens, Balconies, Rooftops and Beyond by Judith Anger, Dr Immo Fiebrig and Martin Schnyder
Want to grow food but have nothing larger than a balcony, windowsill or a piece of wall? No problem!
This is a gardening book with a difference.
It will help you to grow your own fruit, vegetables, herbs and even mushrooms in small spaces in the most ecological way possible. Edible Cities shows you why the urban landscape can be a great place for permaculture. Discover inside:
• Principles of permaculture
• Worldwide examples of urban gardening projects
• Ideas for flats and balconies
• Green roofs
• Vertical gardening & urban beekeeping
• Guerrilla gardening & successful community projects
• Illustrated practical techniques with clear instructions
• Preface and contributions by Sepp Holzer
• Urban case studies from cities all over the world.
Packed with inspiration and practical, fully-illustrated ideas, discover how people around the world are inventing new growing opportunities and making them a reality with few resources and a lot of creativity. Find out how you too can plan and create your own urban growing paradise.
To Be Published: October 2013
Size: 235 x 170mm
Format: Paperback, 176pp. Illustrated with colour photographs
Learn more about the authors: Judith, Immo and Martin
Also available in ebook editions