Meet the Authors: Charles Dowding
Charles is a pioneer of organic and no dig growing since 1983, creating and cropping four market gardens, the largest of seven acres. His no dig method is being trialled and used by the RHS, National Trust gardeners and Kew Gardens London. He has written nine books, including the best-selling, Organic Gardening – The Natural No-Dig Way, a self-published Diary book and a joint book with his partner Stephanie Hafferty. He runs a busy YouTube channel, lectures and runs courses both at home and abroad, is on gardening TV programmes and writes for national magazines.
Books by Charles
No dig organic gardening saves time and work. It requires an annual dressing of compost to help accelerate the improvement in soil structure and leads to higher fertility and less weeds. No dig experts, Charles Dowding and Stephanie Hafferty, explain how to set up a no dig garden. They describe how to:
• make compost and enrich soil
• learn skills you need to sow and grow annual and perennial veg
• harvest and prepare food year round
• make natural cosmetics, cleaning products and garden preparations
Also available as an eBook via iBooks
- Organic Gardening the Natural, No Dig Way. Green Books 2007, third all-colour edition 2013, £14.95
- Salad Leaves for All Seasons. Green Books 2008 £10.95
- How to Grow Winter Vegetables. Green Books 2011 £14.95
- Charles Dowding’s Vegetable Course. Frances Lincoln 2012 £16.99
- Charles Dowding’s Veg Journal – Expert no-dig advice, month by month. Frances Lincoln 2014 £14.99
- Gardening Myths. Green Books 2014 £10
- How to Create a New Vegetable Garden. Green Books 2015 £19.99.